Monday, February 16, 2009

In my search for ways to stay busy creatively even if it is not profitable (financially) I remembered talking with a friend of a friend named G about a book he hand wrote. I assumed this book would be a badly scrawled illegible mess of incomprehensible drivel (didn't know the guy at the time) and gave some off the cuff advice about how to get his book typeset... well I decided to get in touch with the guy and offer to do the typesetting myself in addition to anything else that would help him with his project... so he brought me a copy of his manuscript... below is a scanned page from it... and below that is my S.A.D. of G


There are 750 hand written pages just like this... I was blown away that the writing is artistic in itself (although a bit hard to read because it's cramped). I would really like to see it published as it is but I think the readability is a real issue. The book would probably spawn a whole generation of enlightened folks... with migraines!

I had already come to the conclusion that the book would not be drivel before I decided to offer real assistance (had some very satisfying (like eating meat and potatoes) conversations with G by then).


This sketch doesn't look much like him to be truthful but then I never have tried to draw likenesses... or at least that is my excuse for being terrible at portraits, Ha!

1 comment: